Pages

Tuesday 4 September 2012

A Year Without Rain


How bad can you let something suck you up? Did I use the words ‘CAN’ and ‘LET’? Yeah!
I do believe that as a creature whose fancies are boundless, each one of us has the ability to get over anything, of course if we choose to. With all due respect to what people go through [and I am sure it’s too novice of me to talk that way] one shall understand that every sad phase ends, that’s why we call it a phase.
Sometime back somebody I know was enmeshed in the cobweb of life. Let’s name that person ‘Kite’. For a while, Kite started to believe that it was the end, that they [just if you didn't know, 'they' and 'their' can also be used as singular pronouns when you don't want to emphasize on the gender, so 'them' and 'their' refers to Kite here :)] should just serve their duty, that desires and dreams of self are not big enough to be chased over what you are expected to do, for them life seemed like a huge mystery with a bundle of shades that meant nothing, with numerous turns that went no where, vibrant fantasies but just for a distant gaze and gradually, they accepted that things were summing up into a box, that made their life a paradox.
When Kite opened up, I questioned my worth because I couldn’t figure how to help, I really wanted to, but I also didn’t bypass the fact that 'I now knew' and felt the bliss and the responsibility of understanding that Kite believed in me.
What Kite was going through wasn’t comparable, it never is. But was there a way out? Is there a way out every time?  I personally believe yes, there is.

It’s because when you take a moment and look around, you’ll see each one of us is fighting something, mostly themselves, and all humans irrespective of where they come from have something that holds them back that they want to unleash, and fly. Now when you look at yourself, trying to recollect all reasons you should be upset for, you wouldn’t be willing to pet them for long.
We are all made to board the same train, just the timing under the tunnel varies, you could either feel lonely in the dark waiting for some light or take your time, get advantage and make changes while no one is watching. 

Take your time Kite, it’s been a year without rain, but I am there and always will be. 

4 comments:

  1. After a longg time I read something from you so intense and so beautiful! The parallel story that you have made with kite, lovely! Seriously too good. The words and all. :)

    *It's been a year without your work..* So be regular and keep posting now! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. The title somewhere relates to that exact one year gap! :)
    glad u liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well written! The continuity in the paragraphs is commendable, unlike many bloggers who make abrupt transitions and make the readers lose interest!
    I particularly LOVED the last sentence of the second last paragraph! :D
    Keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks Shrankhla, the contuinity, i'll have to stick to that :P

    ReplyDelete

Categories